Sunday, May 14, 2006

The latest news for Julie Caves, May 2006:

The Coffee Corner café, where Belgrade Road meets Wordsworth Road N16, will be filled with my paintings, including a series of six paintings called Autumn Landscapes, for the month of August. More about this and some pictures coming soon.

I have just finished a large painting called Going Out Of Business, questioning the current relevance of Darwin’s concept of survival of the fittest and entered it into a competition in Shrewsbury.

I have an artist’s book in an exhibit called Sitting Room at the Manchester Craft and Design Centre, that runs from 26 May to 15 July.

I recently had an artists’ book, Have A Nice Day, acquired by Manchester Metropolitan University Library.

Since last autumn I have been expanding my printmaking activity from the digital prints I have been doing for the last few years to include monotypes and mixed media work.

No comments: