Thursday, May 03, 2007

Five years in Engerland!

My coach arrived in Dover on May 3rd, 2002 from Belgium where I had been visiting my friend Jana. Five years later I still live in London and things are working out well.
Since I arrived I have:
Fallen in love and we've been together almost 5 years now.
Received my MA from Camberwell College of Art.
Had my painting studio at the Chocolate Factory for 3 years and been in some interesting exhibitions.
Found the few acceptable Mexican restaurants in London.
Learned to love the beautiful game. I support Arsenal.
Gained weight from my poor hibernation strategies (lots of tea and biscuits) to get through the winters. I think I may be genetically a hot-house flower.
Learned that ignoring people is a form of politeness in a crowded place; they are letting you have your privacy.
I have also learned patience, moderation and that the other person may be right.
I am obsessed by my work; painting and concepts for books are always in my head. I don't make enough time for people. I feel the results of this sometimes and it makes me sad sometimes but that is how it is.
Quinacridone crimson rocks.

No comments: